Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Educational Meme Monday: Dear Sallie Mae

Inspiration struck today. I think I am going to start a new feature called Educational Meme Monday. I won't post one every Monday, but when I do it will be on a Monday. There are so many good ones out there that deserve more than just a chuckle. I use them all the time in my posts, but maybe we'll dig a little deeper with them. They will be written mostly for YOUR feedback. Let's get a discussion going! 
                            
                    

Saw this floating around Facebook and it reminded me that a lot of people who graduate from a private Christian college (like I did ) could put this up on their wall. Here are four questions for you to answer (you can choose as many or as few as you like):  

1. What's the value of a college degree? Is it just content? Is it just social skills? Is it just practice for a job?

2. What if you're in a field totally different from your degree? What if you're a stay at home mom? What if you homeschool? Is that money and time down the toilet? 

3. What would you advise for your children (even if you don't have any) in light of your experience?

4. Ultimately, would you give Sallie Mae your degree back?